Future Designs, Inc. is looking for a skilled Accounting Assistant to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and administrative tasks.
Accounting Assistant responsibilities include but are not limited to processing business transactions such as accounts receivable, inventory adjustments/counts and accounts payable with accounts payable and disbursements being the heaviest responsibility area. A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Assistant will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions and back office run accurately and effectively.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to all departments
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits
- Daily entry of vouchers and other key data
- Research, track and resolve accounting/documentation problems/discrepancies
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Run and count cash drawers; balance the store at the end of the day
- Maintain office/miscellaneous supply inventory
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts Receivable Clerk or Accounts Payable Clerk
- Problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and basic financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record-keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Ability to work alone or with a team
- Well organized
- Associate’s Degree or relevant certification is a plus
Only qualified applicants will be considered. Others need not apply. No phone calls.
Competitive pay and benefits package available along with paid holidays. Please forward resume, references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.