Level II Technician
Title: Level II Technician
Department: Driver/Shop Laborer
Reports to: General Manager and Foreman
Time Frame: 7:00 – 3:30 with some overtime
Purpose: Directs, leads and assigns work to technicians and other assigned personnel while working under direct supervision from the technician foreman.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Willingly takes part in product and safety training to improve work skills
- Participates in company provided fork lift training and certification
- Obtains a DOT physical medical card to assist in deliveries and retrievals with non CDL required fleet vehicles
- May be required for assistance in last minute, long travel and/or overnight trips
- Class B CDL
- Start practicing for a Class A CDL if not already obtained
- Has attended an approved Traffic Control Technician training course or has obtained a class A CDL
- Assists in the direction of work in the warehouse, jobsite locations or on general maintenance
- Performs duties that are normally required in the trade of technician
- Follows recognized procedures and techniques for such work
- Checks jobs for materials and equipment needs
- Stands in as the foreman when absences arise
- Assists in TMA truck builds
- Assists in maintenance of ITS (iCones, strike alert, PCMS)
- Performs other related duties as assigned including monthly inventory
Qualifications and Requirements
- Driver’s license and Class B CDL (minimum)
- Strong interest in equipment technology as well as mechanical ability
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required. Basic math, language and writing skills are required
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and work on your feet most of the day
- Warehouse and construction environments; some climbing, stooping and lifting. The physical environment requires both inside and outside work in hot/cold and wet/dry conditions. May be requested to work overtime, overnight and/or weekends. Roadway work required at times.
- You will be eligible to participate in the company’s health, dental, vision, disability, life and supplemental benefits package 60 days after your start date.
- You will be eligible for 10 Paid (New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day following Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve) after 30 days of employment.
- You will be eligible for 3 vacation days after successful completion of 90-day probationary period. You will be eligible for 5 days vacations after the first full year of employment.
- You will be eligible for 2 paid sick days annually, beginning after successful completion of 90 days probationary period.
- You will be eligible to participate in the company’s simple IRA plan during our next open enrollment, this will occur in November of 2019 and take effect January 1st of 2020
- Prevailing wage may be earned on jobs with Davis-Bacon Act requirements.