Site-Safe Truck Sales: Level I Technician
Level I Technician
Full time (40 hours/week) Non-exempt
Site-Safe Truck Sales is seeking a motivated individual to join the team during its growth as a highway work zone safety company which provides Truck Mounted Attenuator safety vehicles for both rental and sales. This position will perform all duties peculiar to and normally required in the trade of Technician, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work. Employee will assist in maintenance and upfitting process for a fleet of 60+ vehicles. Individual will work under supervision of Team Leader and report to the Fleet Manager.
- Complete the truck build process from cab/chassis to end product which includes mounting of equipment to include, but not limited to: truck bed, attenuator (crash cushion), arrow/message board, and supporting parts.
- Complete repair and maintenance of parts related to truck build both in shop and in the field.
- Ability to obtain DOT physical/medical card to assist in deliveries and retrievals with non CDL required fleet vehicles.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions; operate and adequately use a variety of warehouse equipment including but not limited to: fork lift, pallet jack, tie-downs, cargo security/load bracing apparatus.
- Complete repairs within performance standards and guidelines as set by Site-Safe Truck Sales under the supervision of the Fleet Manager.
- Complete routine forms related to day-to-day or recurring job tasks in a timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Attend in-service and training programs as required to improve work skills.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in power tool operation.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic language, writing, and math skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to define problems and report to supervisor.
- Strong interest in equipment technology as well as mechanical ability.
- Ability to life up to 75 pounds.
- Driver’s License with no restrictions
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred, but not required.
Shop and construction environments. Some climbing, stooping, and lifting. The physical environment requires both inside and outside work in heat/cold, wet/dry conditions. May be requested to work overtime and weekends with the occasional overnight stay.
- You will be eligible to participate in the company’s health, dental, vision, disability, life and supplemental benefits package 60 days after your start date.
- You will be eligible for 10 Paid (New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day following Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve) after 30 days of employment.
- You will be eligible for 3 vacation days after successful completion of 90-day probationary period. You will be eligible for 5 days vacations after the first full year of employment.
- You will be eligible for 2 paid sick days annually, beginning after successful completion of 90 days probationary period.
- You will be eligible to participate in the company’s simple IRA plan during our next open enrollment, this will occur in November of 2019 and take effect January 1st of 2020.