Assistant Human Resources Manager
Plastikon Industries is a plastic injection molding contract manufacturer with extensive capabilities to customize any engineering, tooling, molding and manufacturing needs. Our growth as a supplier/partner in multiple industries, medical, automotive, consumer products, has allowed us to concentrate and build on our core competencies - customer service, engineering and design, tooling design, build and maintenance, program management, and contract manufacturing. We currently have an opening for an Assistant Human Resources Manager in our Leitchfield, KY location. This is a 2nd shift position Monday through Friday.
The Human Resources Assistant Manager is responsible for various human resources management tasks and activities that are necessary in supporting the human resources needs of the company. Functions include but are not limited recruiting, on-boarding, employee relations, performance management, and community relations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Meet the expectations and standards set forth by TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.)
- Complete paperwork in relation to leaves of absence such as Short Term Disability
- Compile data for Attendance and Quality (AQ) Bonus to provide to payroll
- Provide education to employees regarding benefits (401K, wellness incentives, etc)
- Manages, designs, and implements policies and procedures relating to the company's wellness program and activities designed to improve employee health and well being.
- Administer performance evaluations to ensure accurateness and timeliness of completion
- Processes unemployment insurance claims and ensures the timely processing of these documents
- Manages and oversees the Employee Hardship Program and Committee
- Managers and oversees the community initiative committee to promote the company within the community and improve community relations
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, administering disciplinary procedures, and terminating employees if necessary
- Identify non-exempt staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Develop or administer special projects in areas such as day-care, transportation assistance, and employee awards
- Coordinates employee morale and recognition events including employee appreciation day, cook-outs, service anniversary recognition, etc.
- Ability to meet the Physical Demands of this position
- Provides support on special projects as needed and other tasks as assigned
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Decision Making - Ability to make decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conducts conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty/Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment - Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answering for one's conduct.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Experience: Five to ten years experience - preferably in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of the FLSA, EEO, ADA, FMLA, NLRA, and OSHA.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Power Point, Word, and Excel. Must be able to create and maintain excel spreadsheets with formulas and data.
Certificates & Licenses: PHR or SPHR Preferred
Plastikon offers competitive salary medical, dental, vision benefits, life insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Holidays.
Plastikon is an equal opportunity employer.