Plastikon Industries is a plastic injection molding contract manufacturer with extensive capabilities to customize any engineering, tooling, molding and manufacturing needs. Our growth as a supplier/partner in multiple industries, medical, automotive, consumer products, has allowed us to concentrate and build on our core competencies - customer service, engineering and design, tooling design, build and maintenance, program management, and contract manufacturing. We currently have an immediate opening for a Mold Maker in our Leitchfield, KY location.
Perform precision smoothing, sharpening, polishing, or grinding of metal objects.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Meet the expectations and standards set forth by TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Dress grinding wheels, according to specifications.
- Monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary; stop machines when problems occur.
- Inspect, feel, and measure workpieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications.
- Set up and operate grinding or polishing machines to grind metal workpieces such as dies, parts, and tools.
- Remove finished workpieces from machines and place them in boxes or on racks; set aside pieces that are defective.
- File or finish surfaces of workpieces, using prescribed hand tools.
- Select and mount grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures.
- Perform basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts.
- Remove and replace worn or broken machine parts, using hand tools.
- Compute numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjust tools to produce specified cuts.
- Study blueprints or layouts of metal workpieces to determine grinding procedures, and to plan machine setups and operational sequences.
- Turn valves to direct flow of coolant against cutting wheels and workpieces during grinding.
- Fit parts together in preassembly to ensure that dimensions are accurate.
- Inspect dies to detect defects, assess wear, and verify specifications, using micrometers, steel gauge pins, and loupes.
- Duplicate workpiece contours, using tracer attachments.
- Straighten workpieces and remove dents, using straightening presses and hammers.
- Attach workpieces to grinding machines, then form specified sections and repair cracks, using welding or brazing equipment.
- Place workpieces in electroplating solutions or apply pigments to surfaces of workpieces to highlight ridges and grooves.
Plastikon offers a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, paid time off, paid holidays, 401K with company match and more....
Plastikon is an EEO...
Job Type: Full-time